Diploma in Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting and Safety
Aviation Institute of Advanced Technology (AIAT) and Alpha Ascension Safety Consultants (AASC) has jointly organising the Diploma in Aircraft Rescue & Fire Fighting and Safety programme
The purpose of this 6-month Diploma program is to prepare suitable candidates for the Aviation Fire Fighting duties. Suitable candidates when selected will be ideal candidates to man airport operations in accordance with international standards.
Candidates must meet the stringent medical and physical requirements for entry to this 6-month intensive program.
- Age: 17-30 years of age.
- Education: 10+2 (any stream)/or candidates with Diploma from Engineering or Mechanical Engineering field.
- Duration: A total of 6 months comprising of 5 months residential training and one month internship at an appropriate airport.
- Module 1: Leadership and Discipline: Importance of Leadership. Discipline in Fire Service operations.
- Module 2: Safety and Operational Standards: ICAO Annex 14 standards, Accidents involving Dangerous Goods. Physics and Chemistry of Fire, Apron Safety.
- Module 3: Aircraft Construction and Hazards: Aircraft design. Emergency evacuation, Fuel and supply lines, Hydraulic systems, Auxiliary Power Units (APU). Types of aviation fuels. Running fuel fires, Pool fires, flash fire And use of MSDS.
- Module 4: Emergency Planning and Safe Operations: Airport Emergency Planning. Table-top Exercises. Response by Mutual Aid. Medical First Aid. Breathing Apparatus and use of PPE. Airport Foam Tenders. Helicopter operations at an airport.
- Module 5: Aircraft and Terminal Fires: Building Construction, Fire Protection Systems in airport terminals, airport fire hazards, Fire Prevention and Housekeeping standards.
- Module 6: Practical sessions for hot fire training. Running fuel fires, Pool fires, etc.
This 6-month program is a combination of classroom study and blended learning using virtual tools. There would be syndicate studies, hot fire training, hands-on aircraft A320 cabin trainer familiarization and airport familiarization.Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting Management:
With India’s vision of building 100 new airports for the future, there are abundant opportunities for jobs within India. The Middle East aviation market also requires trained airport safety specialists.
- Professional Aviation Fire Fighter;
- Airport Emergency Planner;
- Airport Fire Safety Officers;
- Airline Emergency Training Officer
Copyright @ Aviation Institute of Advanced Technology 2022. All Rights Reserved